- The open ticket is valid for one year from the issuing date and only for the port of departure mentioned therein.
- The ticket is strictly personal. It is not transferable and is valid only for the specific accommodation and route it has been issued for. Any change must be reported to the issuing agent, the central reservation offices or the port offices.
- Passengers with "open date" tickets should confirm their reservations well in advance especially during high season. Such tickets are valid for one year after the issuing date. Any difference in price, is paid by the passenger and the ticket should be validated by the issuing agency, the central reservation office or the port office of departure. MES Line does not guarantee the confirmation in the requested date and does not accept any responsibility from the voyages not realized because of this reason.
A fee of €25 is charged for each renewed reservation approval. In case of change of cabin category and change of season, the difference is transferred to a lower, non-refundable price.
Reservations can only be made within a minimum of seven (7) business days prior to the time of departure. In case of cancellation of a trip, the trip with the nearest cancellation date is taken into consideration
Ticket Deposits And Fax Confirmation
Ticket deposits or trip approvals can be obtained at the harbor agency for an additional fee of €25. This procedure can be carried out by passengers with a valid identification.
From the date of ticket issuance and up to 30 days before departure: %90 refund.
- From 29 days up to 15 days before departure: %85 refund.
- From 14 days up to 7 days before departure: %75 refund.
- From 6 days up to 24 hours before departure: %50 refund.
- On the day of departure: NO refund
- Refunds can only be collected from the issuing agency. Port agencies may cancel the ticket but can not make back payments.
- For all kinds of changes the passengers must apply to our sales offices, central office or port offices.
Fares / Discounts
The tariffs include fullboard meal for cabin and Pullman passengers.
- Port taxes are not included in the fares.
- The 20% return trip discount is offered exclusively for the return fare when a round trip fare is booked and is valid for any port of return.
- All other discounts are not cumulative and only one of them is granted at a time, when applicable conditions are met.
- Passengers entitled to discounted fares are kindly requested to state it at the time of booking. Once the ticket is issued, no refunds are allowed for price differences.
- Groups, trucks, buses and unescorted vehicles are subject to special agreements.
Cabins are characterized as 2,3 or 4-berth depending on the number of passengers occupying it, not on the number of beds. If for any reason whole of the cabin is booked 50% of the price of the unused bed will be collected.
In the event of ticket loss, the passenger must notify the issuing agent or the company in writing. The passenger is charged for issuance of a new ticket. However, refund of the lost ticket will be made at the end of the year if found non - utilized at the year’s end checking by the revenue department.
- According to the S.O.LAS. regulation and the European Union Communal Instruction 98/41 , it is now mandatory, for reasons of safety, to state the following information when making your reservation: Surname, Name (Initial), gender, age category (child / adult / infant), type of vehicle and plate number. Passengers who are not residents or nationals of an E.U. member state are also required to provide additional information such as: Nationality, Passport number and date of birth. Passengers requiring special care must notify their travel agent or the company's main reservation offices.
- In case of trip cancellation, passengers are entitled to a full refund while the company has no further obligation.
- Timetables, tariffs and travel conditions are subject to changes without prior notice. Arrival times quoted in timetables indicate the ship’s arrival at the port’s entrance (pilot station).
- MES Line is not liable for any delay or cancellation resulting from deviation or from not keeping the scheduled route due to bad weather conditions, or orders by the Ministry of Merchant Marine or the Port Authorities or due to force majeure.
Children under the age of 4 travel free of charge and are not entitled to a berth or seat. However, a free ticket must be issued for embarkation. A 50% discount is offered to children from 4 to 12 years of age.
- Passengers must report at the port offices for check in at least 4 hours before departure. Otherwise, the company reserves the right to dispose of the reserved accommodation without any refund to the passenger.
- For vehicles, boarding time and priority list is subject to local port authority regulations at the port of departure. Vehicle operators are responsible for their vehicle’s embarkation according to the ship’s crew instructions.
- Vehicle passengers should exit the vehicle before embarkation. Vehicle category is shown on the ticket.
Safety on Board
- Neither the carrier nor the ship are liable for any accident, loss or damage occurring prior to boarding, during loading and after disembarkation.
- It is strictly forbidden for passengers to carry firearms, explosives, flammables, combustibles and other dangerous substances or materials on board.
- The garage decks shall be kept locked during voyage and passenger admittance to the garage decks is forbidden at any time during the passage.
- The passengers cannot use gas or any other explosive or flammable kitchen apparatus at the ship for security reasons.
Special Needs Passengers
There are specially designed cabins on all our vessels and all common areas are easily accessible. Due to limited availability it is advisable to book early.
- Luggage may be left inside vehicles. Passengers are kindly requested to take their personal belongings that might be used during the voyage.
- The company shall not be held liable in case of loss of money or valuables stored in cars, luggage, common areas or cabins.
- Use of public areas of the ship is free for all passengers. It is prohibited however, to sleep or eat in the lounges and bars.
- Our shops on board offer a wide variety of products at very competitive prices.
- Our tax free shops shall be in our passengers’ service after departure, in the international waters.
Pets travel free of charge in specially designated kennels on the ship’s deck. Pets are not allowed in indoor public areas or cabins. Pet owners are responsible for feeding and pet hygiene. Pet owners are required to have their pet’s valid health papers with them.
- Passengers are responsible for complying with all Port, Health and customs regulations.
- Passengers ought to comply with the ship’s captain and crew instructions regarding public order and safety on board.
- Passengers must contact the captain or the staff captain should a complaint arises while on board. They may also contact MES Line or the port authorities after the end of the journey.
- This contract of carriage is governed by Turkish Law. Any claim arising from, or on the occasion of this contract is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Istanbul, irrespective of its legal basis. Carriage, whether domestic or international, is subject to the provisions and financial limits of responsibility of: a) The Athens Convention of 13.12.1974 and its protocol of 19.11.1976 (Law 1922/1991) and b) the Brussels Convention of 25.8.1924 and its protocols of 23.2.1968 & 21.12.1979 (Law 2107/1992) to the extend that the above provisions apply to the carriage of passengers, their luggage and vehicles, as the said provisions are in force in European Community and Turkey.
- Departure and arrival hours in the timetables are local hours. Turkish mean time is valid in the ship. It is +1 hour compared with Italian mean time.
- Valid money unit in the ship is Euro.